We asked some of the polyglots in TED’s Open Translation Project to share their secrets to mastering a foreign language.Read More
Jay Lynch adds: Learning a new language adds a new dynamic to your life and promotes inner happiness. But how to learn a language and how to teach it is an ongoing struggle for anyone who wants to learn or teach a language. Whether it’s methodology or style, both affect the end result.
Within this article the following seven main points are made:
- Get Real
- Make language-learning a lifestyle change
- Play house with the language
- Let technology help you out
- Think about language-learning as a gateway to new experiences
- Make new friends
- Do not worry about making mistakes
I like these principles since they are more than mere memorization exercises.